June 1999ís block was a 10 inch Double V.
The finished block measures 10 inches square.
(10 1/2 inches unfinished).
Instructions: Use good quality, 100% cotton prewashed fabrics.Back to Block of the Month
- Cut four 2 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch rectangles from white.
- Cut four 2 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch rectangles from a medium blue.
- Cut four 2 1/2 inch squares from white.
- Cut five 2 1/2 inch squares from the medium blue.
- Sew four of the blue squares to the white squares. Press the seam toward the blue.
- Sew a blue rectangle to each of the units in the previous step as shown in the graphics. Press the seam toward the blue rectangle.
- Sew the newly formed 4 1/2 inch squares to each side of a white rectangle, as shown. Press the seam toward the square.
- Sew the remaining white rectangles to each side of the remaining blue square. Press the seam toward the blue.
- Piece the units together.
- Your completed block will measure 10 1/2 inches.
- Ten inches after sewn into a quilt!