April 1999’s block was a 16 inch four patch.
The finished block measures 16 inches square
(16 1/2 inches unfinished).
Instructions: Use good quality, 100% cotton prewashed fabrics.
- Cut four 8 1/2 inch by 4 1/2 inch pieces from each color.
- Place these right sides together, and sew along the long edge.
- Press the seam toward the darker fabric.
- Join these squares as shown.
- If you choose to use a fabric with a large print or motif, you can “fussy cut” your strips to create a secondary pattern, as illustrated below.
- Your completed block will measure 16 1/2 inches.
- Sixteen inches after sewn into a quilt!
Back to Block of the Month