March 1999’s block was a 10 inch “Flock of Geese”
The finished block measures 10 inches square (10 1/2 inches unfinished).
Instructions: Use good quality, 100% cotton prewashed fabrics.
- From each color, cut a 5 7/8 inch square.
- From each color, cut four 3 3/8 inch squares.
- Lay a light square on top of a dark square and draw a diagonal line from corner to corner.
- Sew 1/4 inch from each side of the line, then cut along the line and press the seam toward the dark fabric. (Or cut the squares on the diagonal and sew the triangles together.)
- Join the small squares as shown.
- Sew these to the larger squares to form the block.
- Your completed block will measure 10 1/2 inches.
- Ten inches after sewn into a quilt!
Back to Block of the Month