February 1998s block was a 9 inch “Shoo Fly”
The finished block measures 9 inches square (9 1/2 inches unfinished). Instructions:
- From an ecru-on-ecru, cut two 3 7/8 inch squares. Cut these squares diagonally to form triangles.
- From an ecru-on-ecru, cut four 3 1/2 inch squares.
- From a heart print, cut two 3 7/8 inch squares. Cut these squares diagonally to form triangles.
- From the heart print, cut one 3 1/2 inch square.
- Sew heart print triangles to the ecru-on-ecru triangles.
- Sew the heart print square to the ecru-on-ecru squares.
- Sew an ecru-on-ecru square between your triangle units, as shown in graphic to the left.
- Using the graphic for placement reference, sew the units together to form the block.
- Your completed unfinished block will measure 9 1/2 inches.
- It will be 9 inches after it is sewn into a quilt.
- Be sure to leave the 1/4 inch seam allowance on the block.
- NOTE: Remember to always use good quality, 100% cotton fabrics and to pre-wash your fabrics. Ecru-on-ecru means a ecru design printed on ecru fabric.
Back to Block of the Month