January 1998ís block was a 6 inch Steps to the Altar
The finished block measures 6 inches square (6 1/2 inches unfinished).
- From a navy print, cut three 2 7/8 inch squares. Cut these squares diagonally to form triangles.
- From a navy print, cut six 1 1/2 inch squares.
- From a white-on-white, cut two 2 7/8 inch squares. Cut these squares diagonally to form triangles.
- From a medium blue print, cut one 2 7/8 inch square. Cut this square diagonally to form triangles.
- From the medium blue print, cut six 1 1/2 inch squares.
- Sew navy triangles to the blue and white-on-white triangles.
- Sew blue squares to navy squares and then sew the three four-patch units, as shown in graphic to the left.
- Using the graphic for placement reference, sew the nine units together to form the block.
- Your completed block will measure 6 1/2 inches (unfinished).
- It will measure 6 inches after sewn into a quilt.
NOTE: Remember to always use good quality, 100% cotton fabrics and to pre-wash your fabrics. Please sign the blocks on the back in the seam allowance with both your name and e-mail address, using only a good waterproof pigma pen. White-on-white means a white design printed on white fabric.Back to Block of the Month