November 1997ís block was a 9 inch Anvil
The finished block measures 9 inches square (9 1/2 inches unfinished).Instructions:
- From darker color, cut one 5 inch square and four 3 1/8 inch squares. From background color, cut four 2 3/4 inch squares, four 3 1/8 inch squares.
- Place the light and dark 3 1/8 inch squares with right sides together, and draw a diagonal line.
- Sew 1/4 inch from each side of the line, then cut along the line and press toward the dark fabric. Makes 8 squares.
- Join these squares in groups of two.
- Add joined squares to each side of the 5 inch square, making sure that they are placed as shown.
- Place a light square at each end of your remaining joined squares to make a strip.
- Sew these along the bottom and the top to finish the square.
- Your completed block will measure 9 1/2 inches.
- Nine inches after sewn into a quilt!
Back to Block of the Month