The block for June 2005 is the "Summer Window" block
Each finished block measures 8 inches square. (8 ½ X 8 ½ inches unfinished)
Instructions: Use good quality, 100% cotton pre-washed fabrics.
Find a large-print novelty print fabric and two different coordinating fabrics that are solid, "looks like solid," or small print. One should be noticably lighter than the other.
1. From the novelty fabric, cut one 6 1/2-inch
2. From the lighter fabric, cut two 6 1/2 by 1 1/2-inch strips and two 1 1/2-inch squares..
3. From the darker fabric, also cut two 6 1/2 by 1 1/2-inch strips and two 1 1/2-inch squares..
4. With right sides together and using a
1/4-inch seam allowance, sew one of the lighter squares to one of
the darker squares. (Refer to graphic 4) Press
to the darker side. Repeat with the other two squares. Then
sew these pairs into one square unit. Pin at the intersection to
ensure precise points.
5. Sew each of the lighter longs strips to a darker strip. Press to the darker side.
6. Referring to the layout in graphic 6, piece the units together into a finished block. Note, try switching the lighter and darker fabrics next to the novelty square to see which layout looks best with your fabric. It may look better opposite from what my example shows. Sew the rows together, then combine the rows to finish the block
Your completed unfinished block will measure 8 ½ inches.
WASN'T THAT EASY????