The block for February 2005 is the
"Puss in the Corner" block
Find a colorful cat print for the focal fabric, a coordinating jewel-tone fabric (gold, ruby red, emerald green, sapphire blue, etc.) and a white-on-white for the background.
1. Cut one 6 1/2-inch squares
from the focal fabric.
2. Cut four 3 1/2-inch squares from
4. From the white material, cut eight
3 1/2-inch squares.
5. For the side sections, draw a line from
to corner on the back of each of the white squares. Lay one of
squares along one end of one gold rectange right sides together.
along the drawn line. Referring to graphic 5, cut the corner 1/4
from the sewn line. Press open to the gold side.
6. Lay another of the white squares along the opposite end of the gold rectange. Sew along the drawn line. Referring to graphic 6, cut the corner 1/4 inch from the sewn line. Press open to the gold side. This is called a "flying geese" unit.
7. Using graphic 7 as a reference, assemble the sections into rows, then assemble rows into a finished block. Remember to pin at each intersection to ensure corners match.
Your completed unfinished block will measure 12 ½ inches.