November 2000ís block was Christmas CrackerThe finished block measures 8 inches square.
(8½ inches unfinished).
Instructions: Use good quality, 100% cotton pre-washed fabrics. The colors we used were reds and greens.
||1. Cut one rectangle from a red fabric that measures 2 3/8
by 6 1/8 inches.
2. Cut two rectangles from a green fabric that measures 2 3/8 by 6 1/8 inches.
3. Cut one red and one green 4 7/8 inch square.
4. Cut each of these diagonally to form two green and two red triangles.
5. Sew a green rectangle to each side of the red rectangle.
6. Sew a red triangle along the long edge to the green rectangles.
7. Sew the green triangles to the ends to complete the block, as shown
in the graphic.
Eight inches after sewn into a quilt!
Back to Block of the Month